|India’ first engine-less train, Train 18, makes trail run. Here are 30 interesting facts.|
Train 18, the first 160 km per hour of self-propelled train set of Indian Railways, comes out today! India’s fastest – built in just 18 months next year – Train 18 is an engine low train set that will replace Delhi-Bhopal centenary. Under the ‘Make in India’ initiative at a cost of 100 crores, 16 coaches full AC train has been constructed in ICF Chennai. So what does the train offer to 18 passengers in the engine? Here are about 20 brainwashing tips:
1. There is an aerodynamic driver cabin at each end in train 18. The complete set acts as a computer unit; ICF GM Sudhanshu Money says that train 18 different devices digitally talk to each other
2. It has a white and blue color scheme by ICF – the first for Indian Railways. It achieves the nature and experience of the world-class bullet train!
3. Train 18 has operated automatic doors with sliding to bridge the gap between platform and train. The coach entry area also has automatic sliding doors with an optical sensor.
4. There are two executive chair cars with comfortable colorful clothes. The fabric is dust and fire resistant. The headrest is pink and purple
5. A unique feature of executive chair car seats is that they can be rotated 180 degrees to face fellow passengers.
6. Train 18 has an expanded LED light like aircraft which can be bright or dimming on a day-to-day basis. There is also a personalized reading light in each seat.
7. To allow passengers to catch in the coach, the seats of the corridor handle next to the headrest.
8. Train 18 has an aircraft-like bio-vacuum toilet for efficient flushing. Touch-free sensor-based fittings have been used for optimum consumption of water.
watch now! Train 18 unique first impressions – it’s completely world-class!
9. In every coach of the train, there is 18 world-class imported equipment in the mini pantry for better heating of food and cooling of soft drinks and juices.
10. Yet another one, Train 18 has closed completely for easy movement between coaches. This means that more effective air conditioning and coach keeps dust free
11. Non-executive chair car has seats in general 3 + 2 configurations. These European style seats have a leather-like cover with a purple and pink color. The area of the coach is now folded. The difference between seat and table
12. Instead of the airplane like the reckling system where you press back support, passengers have to push the seat, so make an empty space. The facility is not available In the case of executive chair cars, this can be done with a button.
13. Train 18 will offer WiFi onboard which will allow passengers to run preloaded material on their personal devices. There are mobile and device charging points next to each seat.
14. The train is running for 18 more windows. There are also touch-based push ups / down blinds in windows.
15. Train 18 has two GPS-enabled information screens at the end of the coach.
16. It has a large cushioned luggage rack and toilet occupancy indicator.
17. Train 18 is disabled-friendly! For the driver cabin, the wheelchair driver is allowed to be wheelchair parked next to the train and the trailing coach area is next to the cabin area. Toilets are also inefficient in this coach
18. With the locomotive not required to carry it hanging under the propulsion system and other equipment, the driver taxi coach also has passenger seats.
19. Propulsion system and rigid coupling in bogies with fast acceleration and recession mean shock-free ride. Total travel time will be cut at least 15%.
20. Train 18 uses Renaissance braking, making it more energy efficient. There will be no power car or diesel based locomotives in train 18 so the carbon footprint will be very less.
*21. In the train 18, the modern air-conditioned coach will be connected with the fully sealed gangway by blocking noise and dust. The train is designed in such a way that passengers should look at the driver’s cabin.
*22. Automatic plug doors with train sliding steps will be operated. In addition, it will also have touch-free automatic doors inside the passenger compartment.
*23. At an end, the coaches will come with disabled-friendly passenger bays and disabled-friendly toilets. It will also include uncontrolled WiFi and Infotainment Systems.
*24. Each box will have a GPS-enabled passenger information system, in which the speed of the train, location, time to reach destination etc.
* 25. Train 18 will have a multi-layered lighting system, which will be similar to aircraft lighting, and will be equipped with comfortable seating, window blinds, and luggage racks.
*26. All the equipment of the train is placed below the floor.
*27. Train 18 has an aircraft-like bio-vacuum toilet for efficient flushing. Touch-free sensor-based fittings have been used for optimum consumption of water.
*28. A unique feature of executive chair car seats is that they can be rotated 180 degrees to cope with the passengers.
*29. A mini pantry will be installed in every coach of train 18 and the condition of the art equipment will be to better food and cool drinks and cooling of the food.
*30 Six train sets have been approved in February. Four sets are being made in 201 9-20, the ICF team is planning to replace these trains with all the premium long distance trains.
With delicious facilities and better engineering, Train 18 definitely shows a better day for Indian rail passengers!